Dear ARCS Families: Prayer service in remembrance of Mrs. Schurtz
It is with deep sadness that I write to share the news that our beloved Mrs. Mary Ellen Schurtz went home to God today. Mrs. Schurtz’s family is so grateful to you for your prayers and support during her illness. All of us at Assumption Regional Catholic School, extend our heartfelt sympathy and love to Mrs. Schurt’z husband, Tom; her children and grandchildren; and her family and friends.
Because of our close school community, Mrs. Schurtz’s death touches everyone at ARCS. When an adult close to a child dies, the child may react in many different ways. Please assure your child that sadness is very natural at this time. Encourage your child to tell a favorite story of Mrs. Schurtz, and possibly you can share a story as well. Praying together as a family is also a way to help your family to feel God’s abiding presence at this sad time.
When we know about Mrs. Schurtz’s funeral arrangements, we will be in touch again. In the meantime, we will have a prayer service in remembrance of Mrs. Schurtz on Wednesday, July 19 at 6:30 PM in the school auditorium. All are welcome to attend.
Our guidance counselor, Mrs. Cara Clemens, has kindly offered to be available to students who may wish to talk with her on Thursday, July 20, from 9:45 AM – 12:15 PM at the school.
It was my great privilege to meet with Mrs. Schurtz several times during the last weeks of June. Her love for ARCS was palpable. May she be our biggest cheerleader in heaven.
Be assured that I hold the Schurtz family and the ARCS community in my heart and prayer in a very special way.
God’s peace be with you,
- Prek-3 is for Me! >> Learn more about our preschool program. August 22, 2017
- Volunteers Needed ARCS Lunch Program August 20, 2017
- Meet and Greet at Scoop’s Place Smithville August 19, 2017
- Why cook when toy can order out! BBQ Fundraiser for ARCS August 19, 2017
- Assumption Regional Catholic School 2017-2018 School Year August 15, 2017
- STARING TODAY, CURRENT FAMILIES WHO REFER NEW FAMILIES TO ARCS WILL RECEIVE $300 OFF THIS YEAR’S TUITION! August 8, 2017